Saturday, July 6, 2013

Don't hold me back...I'm just being honest.

I am a runner.  But I prefer not to run alone.  I have two incredible and loyal running buddies.  We meet almost every day.  We support and encourage each other by talking and listening.  We work out a lot of problems in that 45 minutes and have a lot of laughs.  With out them, I would not run nearly as often and maybe not at all.  Today, I ran alone.  Without a friend, without music...alone.  It was just me, my thoughts and my labored breathing.  I can do it but I prefer not to, it just isn't the same.  

I like to be self sufficient.  I do not like to depend on others.  However, since I've aged and had kids I find that to be nearly impossible.  I can't do it all, all by myself.  I need others.  I like people, I just don't like to ask for help.  It took me a long time to accept this but letting go of doing it all by myself has helped me grow as a person.  I still don't like asking for help but I have learned how to.  I need your help.  We all need the help of others.  That is what God intended.  He did not put us on this earth alone.  He gave us others to help and guide us.  

I am currently reading the book, Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg.  I did not expect to relate to this book so much.  Reading her thoughts I felt as though I was writing this book.  What I found most intriguing was that women are not only held back by society but by themselves.  You see, I feel I was born a leader. I have always wanted to lead but I also harbor an incredible amount of self doubt that holds me back.  I often hold myself back and I'm trying to change, to grow.    

In February I decided to start my own business.  For years I have been trying to think of something I could do that would not only help others but help me build a better life for my family.  I heard about the opportunity with Rodan + Fields, a network marketing skincare business.  My first thought, NO WAY...NOT FOR ME.  I hated those companies. I dreaded going to those parties and buying something that I'll never use or wear.  My skincare routine was a baby wipe at night and Target brand cleanser in the morning.  Why would I take a second to hear about this business?  Well, I did and I couldn't say no.  It was a ground floor opportunity in an incredible growing business.  This company has brand presence, it has incredible products and it is still widely unknown.  People who were taking advantage of this opportunity were succeeding.  Not only succeeding but changing their plan B into a plan A and creating lifestyles that they only dreamed of.

Even though it wasn't exactly what I dreamed of.  It was something I couldn't pass up without trying.  This company was founded by two incredibly smart doctors who had already changed the lives of some many with their first company, Proactiv.  Now they were giving others the opportunity to partner with them.  They did the hard stuff, the stuff I can't do.  They created the products that can actually transform skin.  These products reverse the signs of sun damage, they reverse the signs of aging, they heal scars left by acne and they help people with sensitivity so they can live without red, irritated skin.  Amazing stuff!  They are changing peoples lives, they are giving people self confidence.  So why do they need me?  They don't.  They chose this business route because they knew people needed an help.  Dr. Rodan + Dr. Fields could be sitting on a beach somewhere but they're not.  They know the economy sucks, they know the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.  They chose to let people like me share in their success and create something incredible!  I am so grateful but I cannot do it alone.    

Support my small business.  The anti-aging market is expected to be $5 billion by 2015.  Someone is going to make money.  Wouldn't you rather it be someone trying to give their families a better life rather than the CEO of Neutrogena who is already a multi-billionaire?  Maybe you love your skincare.  I'm not suggesting you change but you must know someone in your life that would like to change their skin.  These products work.  These products guarantee results or your money back.  My skin has never looked or felt better and for the first summer in my life, I do not look like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!  My nose is usually raw and peeling by now, not this year.  

So the next time I reach out to you, hear me out.  I'm not trying to sell you anything or recruit you.  I just want to tell you about this incredible company and their incredible products.  Not interested?  That is totally fine but maybe you connect me with someone who is.  Someone who wants change, needs change.  I am just one person.  A person who wants to give her family a better life.  A person who wants to reach her dreams!   

As I said above, I do not like to run alone.  I want to run with this business.  It is an incredible opportunity but I can't do it alone.  I'm looking for someone to run with me.  I'm looking for someone who wants to reach for the stars with me.  I'm looking for others who want to give back but don't have the means to do it.  If you are a smart, motivated person who is looking for a change, run with me!  Otherwise, point me to someone who is!  

Change your skin.  Change your life.  Contact me.

This is my "why". This is what drives me.  I want my kids to have opportunities.  I do not want to spoil them but I don't want to say no all the time.  I want them to play sports, have experiences, reach for their dreams but without the financial strain I was feeling.  I wanted a change.  I stepped out of my comfort zone to create the change I needed.  I will continue to evolve.  If we aren't evolving we aren't living.  I want to live life to it's fullest.  We only get one shot at it, make it worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment